First of all I am really hoping this is not the day of the photo shoot. The first tip is.
1. Plan Ahead
Don’t wait till the last minute to decide what to wear to your photoshoot. Leave enough time to go to the shop if required.
2. Choose a colour palette
This could be a whole challenge on its own.
So things you can consider is.
- The colours of your house. Think where you would like to hang these photos. What colours would work in that room
- The colours your family already wear a lot. Everyone has a jean so choosing blue is a good colour. You can also add a warmer colour to blue. Just to give it a pop.
- Consider what colours are in fashion. If you want to go with for example turquoise but it is not in fashion it will be hard to find clothing in that colour.
- Consider the environment and if you want to stand out or blend in.
- Avoid stark contrasts such as green and orange/red together, and yellows and purples juxtaposed. Complementary colors are more like warm tones (yellows, oranges, pinks, warm red and even warm greens) together and cool tones (blues, purples, greens) together.
3. Coordinate colours - DON’T MATCH
Stay away from everyone wearing the same thing. Please don’t everyone wear the same colour shirt and same colour pants. Rather stay within the colours you chose but add some individual flare.
4. Don’t forget accessories
Scarfs, neclaces, ties even earings can be a great way to bring in a colour in a suttle way.
5. Don’t shy away from florals.
Use florals the same way you would use patterns. Don’t over use to many diffrent florals. Combine them with solid colours.
6. Most importantly!
Show your own style, show personality just be you.
Stay away from!
1. Cartoons or Large prints on clothing
Yes, your little one may love their Paw patrol shirt, but you may want to skip it for the family photo session. Characters on shirts can be pretty distracting.
2. To many diffrent patterns. Make sure some people wear solids while other add patterns. To many patterns can be overwhelming.
3. Don’t do all white or all black!
Disclaimer - These are heavily influenced by my own style. Please feel free to show your style. Please be you!
Bloemfontein based Make-up artist and stylist gives a few Do’s and Don’t to keep in mind for your make-up on your wedding day.
Novell Bridal owner Deone shares some advice with Mudboots brides on what to keep in mind when choosing your wedding dress.
Wedding DJ, Sound and lighting expert Louis from Soundbytes in Bloemfontein gives advice to brides planning their Bloemfontein wedding
Baker Charlene du ToitCall: 082 863 3578 l Visit 12 Futcher street, Waverley l www.cakes4kids.co.zaCakes4Brides Charlene started out by backing cakes for kids in 2006 and then in 2009 she started also making wedding cakes. Since then her Cakes has been Huisegenoot,...
Wedding dress designer Leehra give a bit of advice for your wedding day
Bloemfontein bassed Makeup Artist and Hairdresser Jeniffer Pretorius gives a few pointers to brides.